Argos Ordnance utilizes the latest in laser technology to meet the BATFEs engraving requirements for firearms, frames, receivers, and parts. The BATFE requires that all Form 1 Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBSs), Any Other Weapons (AOWs), and Silencers be engraved with the manufacturer’s (maker's) name (you or your legal entity), and your city and state. Your name/legal entity name and locale must be engraved wherever visible and must be a minimum of 1/16” (1.6mm) in height with a minimum depth of .003”. Our standard NFA Engraving is 1/10" (2.6mm) in height and greatly exceeds the depth requirement which allows for color filling or other coatings.
ENGRAVING MATERIALS AND LOCATIONS
Argos Ordnance can engrave on any aluminum, steel, brass, or titanium frame, receiver, or part, and many popular polymer firearms such as the CZ Scorpion, as well as Form 1 sound suppressors. Areas such as the front mag well on an AR variant must be flat and cannot be textured. Receivers do not need to be stripped prior to engraving but do incur extra costs if still assembled for extra setup time and shipping costs. We encourage customers to remove items such as the stock, buffer, buffer spring(s), and receiver extension (if possible) to reduce the weight and size of your shipment.
See the product pictures for engraving location examples and if you have any questions or would like something customized, please contact us.
Prior to shipping, please add this item to your cart and complete the order process. All firearms and parts can be shipped directly to Argos Ordnance and will be returned via USPS Priority Mail, signature required unless stated otherwise.
If you are local to the South Metro Atlanta area, we can typically engrave your item(s) during normal business hours (with a scheduled appointment) while you wait. Wait time is typically less than one (1) hour. If you are shipping an item in for engraving, turnaround is typically 1-3 days upon receipt of your item.
Please choose from the options listed below. Contact us if you have any questions.
NFA ENGRAVING NOTES:
- Laser engraving will PERMANENTLY ALTER the appearance of your firearm. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- Please ship only your SERIALIZED RECEIVER (Upper or Lower) to us for NFA Engraving Service, this lowers your total shipping cost to and from our facility. We ship back to your original return address, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please DO NOT include serialized items (frames, lowers, etc.) with orders for engraving service on a non-serialized item only (i.e. slide, barrel, etc).
- Please include a copy of your receipt when shipping your serialized item(s) to us.
- Please read our Shipping Policy for instructions on instructions for shipping your items to us for custom work.
- Please read our Laser Engraving Terms of Service.